Thursday, September 16, 2010

MP3 blog 2010/09/16

blog 2010/09/16 - the weekend creeps in silently like a thief

Carter Burwell - A Serious Man:  A Serious Man was an incredible movie with only a single weak point.  Fabulous acting, lighting, direction, editing cinematography... and fabulous music!  Too bad the story was a pointless retelling of the book of Job.  Hey, at least they music is still here, and quite lovely.

Doña María - Plantita de alelí (Lulacruza Remix):  Totally ridiculously seductive.  Crank that bass up.  oh so good.

El-P - Meanstreak (In 3 Parts):  A little bit of love from our favourite curmudgeon's Weareallgoingtoburninhellmegamixxx3, out now.

Forest City Lovers - If I Were A Tree:   Stop it.  You had me at "dendrophiliac".  Let's make out.

Fox In The Henhouse - Fears:  Fun rock pop with a zippy synth!  From the self-titled new album.

Frightened Rabbit - Son C:  OMG NEW FRIGHTENED RABBIT ON THE WAY!  I am vibrating in anticipation.

Funeral Party - Finale:  Is that Supertramp?   NO!  It's Funeral Party!  rock.

Gyptian - Hold Yuh (Chrome Edit):  Feel-good summer jam?  Yeah ok, just close your blinds and go for it.

I Am Robot And Proud - 401 Circuit (Shugo Tokumaru Remix):  Eeee Shugo Tokumaru makes me squeal a bit.  I heart his organic rework.  He's like a robot made of trees.

Jaguar Love - Evaline:  "Hologram Jams" is an amazing title for an album, and perfectly suited to this powerhouse pop.

Natural Snow Buildings - ... I Came Down Here
Natural Snow Buildings - Stuttering Probe:  First track is from "Ghost Folks", which is probably the most beautiful Natural Snow Buildings album I've heard.
I love this band, at least I love the 13 CDs/tapes that I have, which is oddly only 4 releases...
Anyways, the 2nd piece is far more droney and comes from the "The Centauri Agent" double album, which is also good in its own ways.  unh.

Sub Swara - Koli Stance (David Starfire Remix):  A great example of a killer bass that is restrained by a master.  Killer sub sounds without that bullshit gunfire intensity of poorly constructed dubstep.

The Books - Group Autogenics I
The Books - I Am Who I Am:  I am so damn excited to see The Books on their tour this year!  SO EXCITED!  They have put out some of my most cherished albums.
This album still has to grow on me, but there are many many delights tucket in to "The Way Out".  You should of course know their earlier albums, and thus you should really check this one.

The Extra Lens - Only Existing Footage:  HOLY SHIT, JOHN DARNIELLE???  Yes, yes it is!  Oh sweet nectar of the heavens!  I would have this man's (deeply disturbed) child, if I could.

The Infesticons - Plane Anthem:  Mike Ladd has been kind of awesomely kicking shit around in the underground for a long long long time.  He immediately gets immediate respect for me, even if I don't like all of his stuff.  DUDE WORKS HARD.    New album is Bedford Park and this is my favourite track.

Tokyo Police Club - Big Difference
Tokyo Police Club - Gone
Tokyo Police Club - Wait Up (Boots of Danger):  "Champ" is like the hot lovechild of The Weakerthans and Phoenix.
It's incredibly fun rock pop and really HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Carter Burwell - A Serious Man
Doña María - Plantita de alelí (Lulacruza Remix)
El-P - Meanstreak (In 3 Parts)
Forest City Lovers - If I Were A Tree
Fox In The Henhouse - Fears
Frightened Rabbit - Son C
Funeral Party - Finale
Gyptian - Hold Yuh (Chrome Edit)
I Am Robot And Proud - 401 Circuit (Shugo Tokumaru Remix)
Jaguar Love - Evaline
Natural Snow Buildings - ... I Came Down Here
Natural Snow Buildings - Stuttering Probe
Sub Swara - Koli Stance (David Starfire Remix)
The Books - Group Autogenics I
The Books - I Am Who I Am
The Extra Lens - Only Existing Footage
The Infesticons - Plane Anthem
Tokyo Police Club - Big Difference
Tokyo Police Club - Gone
Tokyo Police Club - Wait Up (Boots of Danger)


Yes, that is it.  That is all.  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20100916.zip


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment