Tuesday, October 2, 2012

MP3 blog 2012/10/02

blog 2012/10/02 - the backs of my eyeballs ache with all that I see

7FT vs Snow - Lonely Morning (Refix):  Time to ressurect the greatness of SNOW, fake patois an all!

Aaliyah - Enough Said ft Drake (Shlohmo Remix):  Yes, it is only appropriate to bring back Aaliyah as a haunting demon of tragic regrets.

Ambassadeurs - My World:  I bet you can't tell that I'm in to that drippy bass shit, right?  Fucking GLIDE.

Chant of Victory - Right Now (80's Mix):  This is what producers should be striving for:  engineering your shit so it STRAIGHTUP 80S GOODNESS.  This is some Kate Bush / Robin S pop brilliance right here.

Danny Brown - Die Like A Rockstar (Lou Cypher Remix):  Love Danny's flow, but he always goes on too long and just says too much SHIT and then I'm all "meh, I don't need to listen to this…" but luckily this track is a distillation and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Dusky - No More:  Sleep deep bass house vibes!

Echo Lake - Wild Peace:  Sweet dream pop from the album Wild Peace.

Farleon - Millenium:  HAPPY ELECTRO RAVE PARTY!

Ghost Loft - Blow
Ghost Loft - Seconds:  Taking notes from The Weeknd, this is some chilled out rnb grooveness.

Horse Feathers - Fit Against The Country:  The new album, Cynic's New Year, doesn't catch me like their last one, tragically.  But check it out if you're down with the smooth roots folk.

Jack White - Blunderbuss:  I never though I'd care about Jack White channelling his angsty Zeppelin, but here we are…

North Atlantic Drift - Waiting In The Afterglow:  Epic IDM post-rock nordic wastelands adventure death spiral dream then wake up.

Sacred Animals Vs Steffaloo - On Fire:  Dreamy breezey clicky beats with sexy vocals, never fails.

The Album Leaf - Descent:  Ecstatic instrumental piece from the new album Forward/Return.

The Corin Tucker Band - Groundhog Day:  Corin's all "yo!  Remember me?  I'M BACK."

The Mountain Goats - Cry for Judas:  Transcendental Youth is the new Mountain Goats album and yeah umm it hasn't seduced me nearly as much as I was hoping it would.  And I'm a pretty huge MG fan.  I'm going to let this one simmer.

Thomalla - Alftavatn:  Let's end this with some slickass tech-yo.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

7FT vs Snow - Lonely Morning (Refix)
Aaliyah - Enough Said ft Drake (Shlohmo Remix)
Ambassadeurs - My World
Chant of Victory - Right Now (80's Mix)
Danny Brown - Die Like A Rockstar (Lou Cypher Remix)
Dusky - No More
Echo Lake - Wild Peace
Farleon - Millenium
Ghost Loft - Blow
Ghost Loft - Seconds
Horse Feathers - Fit Against The Country
Jack White - Blunderbuss
North Atlantic Drift - Waiting In The Afterglow
Sacred Animals Vs Steffaloo - On Fire
The Album Leaf - Descent
The Corin Tucker Band - Groundhog Day
The Mountain Goats - Cry for Judas
Thomalla - Alftavatn

NEVER DOUBT NEVER REST:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20121002.zip


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com


More info:
Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment