Thursday, June 13, 2013

MP3 blog 2013/06/13

blog 2013/06/13 - 2 in 1 WEEK!


Angel Haze - Werkin' Girls (Dream Koala Remix):  Oh dream koala I love you, come snuggle me… in my DREAMS!~!~!

Best Coast - Fear My Own Identity
Best Coast - Who Have I Become:  Incredible new single from Best Coast!  SO GOOD.

Bonobo - Towers:  So not everyone loves all of Bonobo's moves and grooves, but this is another certain new highlight from The North Borders.

California Wives - Purple:  From the 2010 album Affair.

Crystal Castles - Sad Eyes (Invisibles Remix):  Man o man, Crystal Castles keeps on giving.  Each new album is followed by a brilliant run of lovingly rendered remixes.

Dan Deacon - Prettyboy:  I used to be a naysayer, the early albums just to annoying for me, but lordy lord, Deacon's America is a stunning accomplishment.

Daniel Klauser - Tocuaco (Melo Moombahton Edit):  We've gone to far, people.  We hit the edge.  DIAL BACK THAT BPM AND GET GROOVY.

Fe - Let It Go:  I know Fe means Iron, but I can't help but just say "FEH! FEH! FEH!"  At least it's a beautiful song.

Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - The Rise of the Ghostface Killah ft Masta Killa & Killa Sin:  Ghostface still killing it after all these years.  New album is Twelve Reasons To Die.

Janet Jackson - Someone To Call My Lover (Giraffage Remix):  21st century Jackson Action!

JMSN - Fallin (The Abyss Remix):  I'm all about thispitched down vocal business.

Karma Kid - In My Arms (Maths Times Joy Remix):  Wicked + smooth.

Melissa Laveaux - Postman:  Hot new Mélissa Laveaux single is out to make us all melt!  Incredible.

Odesza - How Did I Get Here
Odesza - I Want You:  2 slices of smooth beatwork from the album Summer's Gone.

Run The Jewels - Get It:  You know what's amazing?  El-P & Killer Mike.  Even better?  Them getting together.  Even better?  Them releasing a free collab album, coming by the end of the month.  HOT SHIT.

Solace vs Nick Warren - Solace In The Devil's Elbow (LeeDM101):  Love empathic electro pop like this.

The Gaslight Anthem - Here Comes My Man
The Gaslight Anthem - Howl:  OK, so it's not the '59 Sound, but Handwritten is still a solid anthem, and if you need your New Jersey rocker fix, and I know you do, you should still get this one.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Angel Haze - Werkin' Girls (Dream Koala Remix)
Best Coast - Fear My Own Identity
Best Coast - Who Have I Become
Bonobo - Towers
California Wives - Purple
Crystal Castles - Sad Eyes (Invisibles Remix)
Dan Deacon - Prettyboy
Daniel Klauser - Tocuaco (Melo Moombahton Edit)
Fe - Let It Go
Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - The Rise of the Ghostface Killah ft Masta Killa & Killa Sin
Janet Jackson - Someone To Call My Lover (Giraffage Remix)
JMSN - Fallin (The Abyss Remix)
Karma Kid - In My Arms (Maths Times Joy Remix)
Melissa Laveaux - Postman
Odesza - How Did I Get Here
Odesza - I Want You
Run The Jewels - Get It
Solace vs Nick Warren - Solace In The Devil's Elbow (LeeDM101)
The Gaslight Anthem - Here Comes My Man
The Gaslight Anthem - Howl


We've stopped the bleeding but lost the body:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20130613.zip


Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment