Wednesday, April 16, 2014

MP3 blog 2014/04/16

blog 2014/04/16 - I'm not fine but that's all right

For the love of Francis Bacon we will get to thee:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20140416.zip


Alex Wiley - Vibration:  Has all of my favourite things about Chance on this flow, totally fabulous.

Daktyl - 244:  Love this stompy wonk bass.

DJ Chus - Vuela Paloma:  Ahhh every once in a while you need to indulge in some jazzy deep house.

E.E.K. - Live Jam at The Cairo High Cinema Institute:  OK I have no idea who these people are or what the setup is.  All I know is that this mp3 stumbled in to my computer one day and I've been ALL ABOUT this killer jam session.  And really, on a normal day the words  "jam session" is enough to provoke a mild gag reflex in the back of my throat, but holy hell this is strict tearing up of shit for 17 minutes solid.

Eliot Lipp - Yeah (Big Gigantic Remix):  I haven't been feeling much Lipp as of late, but this is some happy-infused West Coast breakbeat goodness.

Emika - 3 Hours:  Another totally killer track from Emika, the total queen of dark atmospherics.  I feel about this the same way about Ellen Allien's breakout album.  So hot.

Feel No Other - Winter Is All Over You (First-Aid Kit cover):  Sure I don't think this surpasses the original, the song has such depth that any new take on it is apprecaited.

Glass Animals - Psylla:  Is this some darkcore barroom dfimension or what?

Hurray For The Riff Raff - The Body Electric:  Unf!  A big blow of emotional goodness from the new album Small Town Heroes.

Jason Isbell - Cover Me Up:  There is a solemn heaviness on Southeastern, as Isbell emerges in to sobriety with new eyes and soulful humbleness.

Rokia Traoré - Ka Moun Kè
Rokia Traoré - Kouma:  The first half of Beautiful Africa is absolutely stunning.  I think it drags a bit, before the stellar closer, but if you like these grooves the album is totally worth checking out.

The Welcome Wagon - High
The Welcome Wagon - I'm Not Fine
The Welcome Wagon - My Best Days, Parts 1 & 2:  The other week I was all "time to go unironically listen to some Xtian folk music."  Seriously people, just because the guy is a minister is no reason to skip this gem.  Yes, it sounds similar to Sufjan Stevens and is out on his record label, but how many holy holy holy enunciations have you cried along on Stevens' records, and for some reason you're skipping this one just because it's a bit to Jesusy?  Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices comes highly recommended, even if you have to pretend it's another soft folk concept album from Steven's pre-overture catalogue.

Tinashe - Ecstasy (Remix) ft Chance the Rapper:  Total ecstatic smooth bass with some great RnB vocals and a dash of Chance to close it out perfectly.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Alex Wiley - Vibration
Daktyl - 244
DJ Chus - Vuela Paloma
E.E.K. - Live Jam at The Cairo High Cinema Institute
Eliot Lipp - Yeah (Big Gigantic Remix)
Emika - 3 Hours
Feel No Other - Winter Is All Over You (First-Aid Kit cover)
Glass Animals - Psylla
Hurray For The Riff Raff - The Body Electric
Jason Isbell - Cover Me Up
Rokia Traoré - Ka Moun Kè
Rokia Traoré - Kouma
The Welcome Wagon - High
The Welcome Wagon - I'm Not Fine
The Welcome Wagon - My Best Days, Parts 1 & 2
Tinashe - Ecstasy (Remix) ft Chance the Rapper



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment