Wednesday, June 10, 2015

MP3 blog 2015/06/10

blog 2015/06/10 - gentle piano intro

metal slag defeated:  http://thetastates.com/mp3s/blog/blog20150610.zip



Baauer - Promises ft Fetty Wap & Dubbel Dutch:  The slick restraint on here just let's you bounce twice as high.

Homeboy Sandman - I
Homeboy Sandman - My Brothers:  I just got around to listening to the Kool Herc: Fertile Crescent EP and it's got a galloping goofiness and attention to detail that I am really enjoying.  This goes back to 2013, but still, RECOMMENDED.

Iron and Wine - Next To Paradise:  Taken from a 2013 Record Store Day 7".

James Blackshaw & Lubomyr Melnyk - Satevis
James Blackshaw & Lubomyr Melnyk - Tascheter:  The Watchers is a dizzying swirl.  I wish they would play this kind of stuff at my local spa, fuck that pan flute with birds tripe.

Lackluster - Cull Streak (Sense Mix)
Marumari - Botany (Lacklustermx):  These 2 are from the Merck Package, a pile of ahhhh lackluster Lackluster?   Some goodness when dug in to, but not a lot caught my ears, sadly.

Romare - Taste of Honey (From the City)
Romare - Your Love (You Give Me Fever):  Did I mention how amazxing Romare is?  These are from the wonderful Love Songs: Part One EP.

Vijay Iyer Trio - Break Stuff
Vijay Iyer Trio - Starlings
Vijay Iyer Trio - Taking Flight:  It's not super insta-love, but the new album Break Stuff has really grown on me, straddling between that latenight accessibility and gentle convention pushing composition.



THIS WEEK'S TRACKS

Baauer - Promises ft Fetty Wap & Dubbel Dutch
Homeboy Sandman - I
Homeboy Sandman - My Brothers
Iron and Wine - Next To Paradise
James Blackshaw & Lubomyr Melnyk - Satevis
James Blackshaw & Lubomyr Melnyk - Tascheter
Lackluster - Cull Streak (Sense Mix)
Marumari - Botany (Lacklustermx)
Romare - Taste of Honey (From the City)
Romare - Your Love (You Give Me Fever)
Vijay Iyer Trio - Break Stuff
Vijay Iyer Trio - Starlings
Vijay Iyer Trio - Taking Flight



Stay on top of everything new at http://djcpi.blogspot.com

More info:
DJ mixes
Blog archives
CPI fan page

Buy Me Books
(US version)
Friend me on Last.FM to see what I am listening to
Fan-made Spotify playlists

Enjoy!
~CPI

No comments:

Post a Comment